The objectives of Abundance London are to:
- Harvest surplus fruit and vegetables that would otherwise not be used and distribute this food to people and projects where it can be made good use of and is needed.
- To plant orchards and guerrilla garden neglected spaces.
- To create beautiful spaces, mainly through planting but also through art.
It’s aims include
- Highlighting the potential for cities to provide more of their own food, and the benefits of doing so.
- Educating schoolchildren and others about local food, fruit, vegetables and nature.
- Reconnecting urban participants with their food supply.